Purpose of the Job:
This position will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to be involved in a fast expanding environment where personal achievements are recognised and rewarded through personal development and professional growth.
The primary purpose of the position is to support the Programme Management Office (PMO) in its focus of programme management delivery excellence. You will manage and deliver projects to time, cost and quality, by defining detailed project plans, liaising with internal resources to ensure milestones are met, acting as a prime point of contact with the key customers and suppliers, and addressing all necessary factors to ensure project success.
This role needs a confident, enthusiastic, dynamic, determined and organised individual who is keen to develop their career in a versatile environment; he/she is likely to have project management experience in a technical organisation.
- Support the PMO in executing projects according to business strategy.
- Create detailed project charters and resourced plans for complete projects, identifying areas such as critical path and key project dependencies.
- Manage the various stakeholders involved, including external suppliers and internally within Ceres Power across engineering, technology, manufacturing, supply chain management, commercial and finance. To include ownership of the day-to-day interface with key customers and suppliers.
- Manage risk within the project, identifying major risk drivers, their potential likelihood and impact, and implementation of necessary mitigation measures.
- Secure agreement of resource plan for the project with functional leaders within the business, and ensure functional leaders fill any necessary skills or resource gaps.
- Manage project cost through monitoring of internal and external spend to establish (a) cost vs. plan (b) cost to complete (c) cost reduction measures needed to meet plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- HND or Degree qualified, likely to be in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 4+ years of direct project management experience or transferrable skills (eg supporting project delivery in supplier development or APQP role)
- Good understanding of project or programme management techniques underpinned by technical background.
- Experience of project managing or working within technically complex engineering products through development to start of production/product launch.
- Strong experience of customer and supplier relationship management.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and situations, working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience using MS Project Server would be an advantage.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE