Purpose of the Job:
Automation and Controls Engineer focused on developing automated production equipment and improving existing process equipment together with integrating equipment and systems.
- Automate production equipment.
- Improve equipment to run processes more efficiently.
- Understand control equipment and software on all production equipment.
- Support production on major breakdowns.
- Preventative maintenance (TPM).
- Keep up to date on technology and products.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- BSc or HND in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Experienced in procuring/developing special purpose production equipment.
- Skilled in writing PLC Code, Visual inspection software and controls systems in manufacturing.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Electronic, mechanical and pneumatic design, assembly and fault finding.
- Integration of equipment and systems.
Highly Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in writing Visual Basic and SQL database software.
- OPC server
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Special purpose machinery
Internal and External Relationships:
- Manufacturing Engineering: Assisting teams sourcing equipment, improving process and supporting production.
- R&D: Understand process, its relationship to the equipment and improvement initiatives.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here