Purpose of the Role:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide engineering support as part of the Mechanical Engineering function group. This role requires a confident, enthusiastic, dynamic, determined and organised individual who is keen to develop their career in a versatile environment.
- Support the development of mechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Support the resolution of engineering problems including support of post-test analysis activity.
- Support the design of suitable feasibility and testing methods to confirm system and product capability.
- Support the design of and implement appropriate validation and verification testing for engineering sign-off.
- Assure product /system compliance with international regulation standards.
- Support development technicians, prototype product and system assembly activities.
- Undertake CAD design activity including engineering change requests (ECR) and design release as required by programme schedules.
- Develop materials and designs, through the procurement process, internal manufacturing processes, on to test and through Post Test Analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Sound verbal and written communication skills to enable effective liaison with partners, suppliers and colleagues, and the exchange of complex subjects to customers and partners whose first language may not be English.
- Minimum two years’ experience related to the above accountabilities; experience in the automotive, aerospace or white-goods sectors would be an advantage.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent high-level qualification.
- Knowledge of engineering theory and application.
- Knowledge of small batch and series production manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Influencing skills to achieve outcomes that are mutually beneficial.
- Some familiarity with applicable codes, standards, and acceptable industry practices.
- Some experience of CAD modelling software.
- Some experience using Product Data Management systems.
Key Results Area:
- On time delivery of requested engineering solutions, product development plans, and validation and test plans.
- All mechanical solutions to be suitable for cost effective manufacture, assembly and compliance with appropriate standards.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Director of Engineering.
- Design Authority.
- Technical Lead and System Engineers.
- Test Engineers.
- CAE Engineers.
- Project Managers.
- Purchasing Department.
- Manufacturing Engineers.
- Quality Assurance Engineer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please make application here