Purpose of the Job:
The role is based at the Horsham main office with frequent attendance at our Merstham site, its purpose being to support and promote Health and Safety across all Sites as the business continues to grow.
- Review & complete Risk assessments and CoSHH Assessments
- Carry out H&S inductions.
- Issue Permit to Work.
- Prepare Health and Safety reports.
- Site Safety inspection & auditing.
- Assist in the writing, implementing and reviewing Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Recommend / implement safety features to reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and other hazards.
- Health & Safety issues investigation and root causation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working in a Safety related role within a multi-hazard manufacturing environment would be beneficial although not essential.
- CoSHH and chemical safety experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Good communication and organizational skills, good team player, establishes strong collaborative approach across all stakeholders
- Driving licence and own transport essential
- BSc or higher (chemistry, industrial engineering background) preferred
Required Candidate Behaviours:
- Champions the business safety culture and always leads by example to achieve a safe working environment
- Challenges unsafe working behaviour
- Is clear on business objectives and ensures work is carried out in line with them
- Open to new ideas and new directions
- Role-models and champions company values and processes in all situations
- Excellent time management, reliable and dependable.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here