- Schedule and track shipments ensuring materials are delivered to sites in a timely manner. (KANBAN).
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs.
- Maintain robust method of tracking goods and materials in and out of CPL sites and tracking and retention of all customs and associated documentation, including Carnets.
- Handle Brexit preparations and reporting, including applications for new tariff and clearance systems.
- Issue purchase demand and purchase orders for freight and logistical materials / supplies.
- Work with internal stakeholders, ensuring appropriate shipping requirements to allow for production schedules to be achieved and projects to progress.
- Liaise with freight forwarders ensuring timely arrival of goods and materials.
- Maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and publish logistics dash board and necessary reporting methods to track, progress and achieve departmental KPIs:
- shipping times
- shipping price
- exceptions (damage / delays).
- Support COSHH requirements.
- Develop packaging capacity and flow models.
- Handle coordination for the design of packaging into sub-contractors and finished goods, including undertaking packaging trials as necessary.
- Develop packaging solutions both at component and assembly level, ensuring safe transit of product both internally and externally.
- Develop, maintain and progress logistical Work Instructions to the point of approval.
Develop cost effective logistic routing for incoming and outgoing materials
- Set up material movements between Horsham and Redhill by planning daily shuttle runs and associated Kanbans, processes and visual management.
- Negotiate logistic provider contracts and agreements.
- Analyse freight invoices and quotations to ensure best value.
Support Warehouse operations
- Aid warehouse personnel in the development, presentation and reporting of departmental “Quality of Service” KPIs.
- Work on warehouse barcode systems to allow barcode movement through to line-side.
- Work Instruction development.
- Assist in the analysis of warehouse footprint and layout planning.
Support the Finance function
- Logistics budgeting.
- Invoice support.
- Purchase order support.
- Customs documentation and Carnet support in line with HMRC requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Computer skills. Good knowledge and experience of ERP/MRP.
- Support the wider supply chain function and other departments with logistical support as necessary.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make application here