Purpose of the Job
This is a newly created role which has come about from the significant commercial traction and scale-up requirements of the business.
The primary focus of this role will be to develop and maintain a standard cost model for key manufacturing products driven from reliable ERP system data. It will also require the analysis and modelling of future target standard costs based on key volume, price and product design changes.
As well as the primary standard cost accounting and forecasting, the role will act as an operations finance partner to support the wider Operations functions (Procurement, Quality, Test) in their budget and forecast setting responsibilities and reporting.
The manufacturing operations are based across two sites (Horsham and Redhill) and although the role will be primarily based in Horsham, some travel will be required.
The role is operations based, initially reporting direct to the COO for the first year or so as the role is established, then reporting direct to the Operations Director; it will have regular contact with Finance.
The primary responsibility areas of the role are:
- Develop and maintain standard cost workings for key products and production processes.
- Maintain forward projected standard cost workings for key products and processes based on future process improvements/changes and forward price predictions.
Managing cost down
- Work with Manufacturing and Operations departments to understand key process cost drivers for decision makers and help identify and manage the implementation of the resulting actions.
- Enable robust business case analysis (make vs. buy, design choice scenario analysis) for potential investment decisions based on valuation methods including Payback and Net Present Value.
Manufacturing operations finance partner
- Work with Operations department heads (Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality, Test) and project leads to help facilitate accurate and timely budgeting and forecasting.
- Feedback to Manufacturing and Operations departments their actual results vs budget/forecast each month and perform variance analysis to understand the key drivers and reasons.
- Add value by helping give Manufacturing and Operation departments financial insight into activities and highlighting cost savings.
- Ad-hoc analysis and reports as and when required, whilst driving change and automation of manual processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of manufacturing accounting, specifically standard costing
- Financial modelling and scenario analysis of manufacturing costs
- Qualified or Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Experience of working with integrated finance and manufacturing systems
- Demonstrable intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated, flexible and approachable
- Self-starter – ability to manage own objectives and agenda
- Significant experience of manufacturing processes and finances, specifically standard costing
- Questioning by nature and confident in challenging established norms to identify improvements
- Possess an analytical approach with a clear passion for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate confidently with people across the business at all levels of seniority
Internal & External Relationships
- COO and Operations Director
- Financial Controller
- Operations department heads and key manufacturing process leads
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here