Purpose of the Job
This role will focus on defining and carrying out the requirements management activities throughout the entire product development lifecycle, in the context of both internal and customer facing projects. Fuel cell products are inherently complex and present a variety of challenges in managing a multitude of stakeholders and interacting requirements.
- Conducting VoC (Voice of Customer) studies and document the outcomes.
- Developing System and Subsystem requirements and architectures to meet the stakeholder needs
- Developing V&V plans for systems and subsystems.
- Facilitating the use of FMEAs and FTAs to track and communicate project risk
- Engaging with discipline leads, senior engineers and project management to manage requirements, interfaces and V&V.
- Writing reports and presenting work to internal and external customers, facilitating design reviews.
- Providing a company-wide tool support function for requirements management and MBSE
- Ensuring Systems Engineering processes are implemented and maintained in accordance with organisational needs.
- Setting up and maintaining systems/requirements databases & models.
- Development and training of staff in the application of engineering processes and procedures.
- Providing plans and estimates for systems engineering activities, tailored to the needs of each project.
- Reviewing deliverables of other team members.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BSc, MSc or PhD in a science/engineering subject
- Full lifecycle experience in at least a relevant discipline (e.g. Thermal, Mechanical, Chemical, Controls/Electronics) in a commercial environment
- Good physical systems / product design knowledge and understanding
- Understanding of systems engineering processes and best practices
- Experience of requirements management in a commercial environment across several stages of the development lifecycle
- Clear understanding of Verification and Validation methodologies and experience of supporting V&V activities throughout the lifecycle.
- Experience in defining and modelling system architectures
- Experience using a commercial requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS, Cognition Cockpit) and/or SysML tool (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
- Willingness to adapt and tailor working practices to suit the demands of the business
- Be fast learner of domain knowledge and terminology
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here