Purpose of the Job:
This role within the Systems Team of Ceres Power will focus on leading a highly capable and motivated team of senior engineers, whilst also being a technical lead or technical engineer within projects at a principal engineer level in software or controls engineering. The SteelCell™ operates at 500-600°C and so presents an interesting engineering challenge to optimize the system design and many opportunities to maximize system performance. Engineering activities will be undertaken throughout the entire product development lifecycle, in the context of both internal and customer facing projects. Fuel cell products are inherently complex and present a variety of challenges in managing a multitude of stakeholders and interacting requirements.
- Line management of Control, Electronics and Software Engineers, including recruitment of new staff, work allocation, coaching and support and ensuring output is of the right quality.
- Accountable for the technical leadership of control and electronics activities.
- Supervise control, software and electronic design process development.
- Manage IP – track IP space, create new IP, support patent process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline with >10 years relevant experience.
- Broad understanding of physical, chemical and engineering principals of fuel cell systems.
- Experience of programming in a high-level language (eg Matlab/Simulink, C, C++).
- Detailed understanding of interactions between components and operating conditions in SOFCs.
- Detailed understanding of basic classical control design techniques.
- Strong project management expertise and delivery focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Development of system architectures to meet customer product requirements.
- Define, update and track metrics for team performance.
- Prototyping and roll out of solutions.
- Problem solving and fault diagnostics.
- Planning, scheduling and costing.
- Work with customers and suppliers.
- Writing reports and presenting work to internal and external customers.
- Design of reusable control strategy components to be used across all of Ceres Power’s products.
- Maintenance of released software (bug fixes and feature requests).
- Use the Matlab/Simulink tool chain (including code generation) to develop embedded control algorithms and software.
- Development of product diagnostic algorithms.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make application here