- Deliver technology improvements (electrochemistry, materials, testing) required to meet project objectives within agreed timescales.
- Complete background research and create strategies for development.
- Present technical progress and timing against delivery targets to the technical management and program management office.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
In addition to a high level of professionalism and experience of industry driven projects, working in a multidisciplinary team, the following are required:
- 5 years’ minimum work experience in a relevant field.
- PhD in Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Proven record in solid oxide electrolyser technology and/or related technology and product development.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Some experience in understanding techno-economic analysis of new technology applications.
- Experience in the development of Solid Oxide Electrolyser Cell technology or related electrochemical applications.
- Scientific knowledge/understanding of some of the following: high temperature electrolysis (mechanisms, materials, measurement techniques, impedance, modelling).
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrochemical and materials characterisation techniques.
- Expertise in 6-sigma/DoE techniques.
Internal & External Relationships
- Main technical discussion within the cell development team.
- Close collaboration with the advanced engineering, modelling, manufacturing engineering and cell manufacturing team throughout the development process.
- Regular progress reporting to the technical management team and program management office.
- Line management reporting to the Senior Principal Scientist or Director for Fuel Cell Development.
- Working with external experts to develop knowledge and capability in processes and characterisation methods.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here