Purpose of the Job:
The role will focus on developing deposition methods to satisfy R&D demand as well as delivering process capability for high-volume commercial fluids deposition. Working in close collaboration with the Manufacturing, Fuel Cell Development and Test teams within Ceres Power, the successful candidate will be required to ensure a range of stakeholder requirements are addressed as well as achieving demanding technical performance and process cost targets.
The role will require a significant amount of hands-on development work involving a range of novel deposition techniques as well as the implementation of established methods (for example spray deposition systems) to enable the efficient manufacture of new product lines. The successful candidate with oversee process development from early proof-of -concept trials through to validated high-volume production for the targeted products.
- Responsible for delivery of selected deposition processes through the entire product development life-cycle. The candidate will be responsible for all fundamental process and material systems development as well as manual part production, overseeing progression through increasing levels of automation as process maturity is improved.
- Ability to build on existing skills and knowledge, further developing fundamental knowledge as required to identify, develop and implement appropriate deposition processes to allow the delivery of robust, cost effective volume capable production solutions for a variety of coating applications
- Ability to engage effectively with the wider Manufacturing, Test and Fuel Cell development team to deliver against agreed project targets.
- Critically assess equipment performance making clear recommendations for improvements and driving implementation plans to achieve volume, yield and cost targets.
- Assist in the design and development of deposition and heat treatment process equipment tooling and fixtures.
- Research and propose new potential processes/technologies.
- Specify and implement new equipment and tooling to improve processes.
- Assist in the acquisition of new equipment, including planning for delivery and commissioning.
- Ensure equipment operates within the expected ranges of performance with ability to diagnose underperformance and propose and implement strategies to achieve performance targets.
Highly Desirable Skills & Experience:
- A background in materials development and processing with a degree level education in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or similar (or equivalent industrial experience in a relevant discipline)
- Previous direct experience (2+ years) of working with industrial coating and deposition equipment. This may include techniques such as spray deposition and drop-on-demand (inkjet) technologies.
- Knowledge and working experience of industrial heat treatment and drying techniques is desirable
- Familiarity with automated industrial production systems with sufficient practical engineering skills to diagnose underperformance and propose strategies to resolve identified issues.
- Ability to formulate test schedules and experiments to achieve agreed goals (experience with DOE techniques is desirable)
- Experience of lean manufacturing environments.
- Use of 6-Sigma tools in production engineering would be beneficial.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here