Purpose of the Job:
Ceres Power is a world leader in Fuel Cell technology. The SteelCell™ at the core of our business is unique in terms of robustness and cost compared to traditional SOFC, and it can use a variety of fuels from natural gas, biofuel and hydrogen.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide control and software engineering support as part of the Systems Engineering function group. The Senior Control Engineer will be the point of contact for a key customer programme, where occasional off-site control calibration support will be required. Key tasks will be calibration and modification of existing control strategies for a new application. They will also contribute to the ongoing development of Fuel Cell control software.
The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, taking a pivotal communication and coordination role between the various technical teams. They will also have a strong delivery focus, using their technical knowledge to quickly resolve new issues.
- Deliver project control development and calibrations for customer programmes
- Support the development of Fuel Cell Power Systems, products and components through control software changes and bespoke software builds.
- Work with the wider systems team and test department to support software calibration and issue resolution.
- Engage with end users of the control software to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver timely support and rapid issue resolution.
- Design, implementation, test and documentation of new control software features.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Electronic Engineering degree or similar high-level qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience related to the above accountabilities, preferably in the automotive or aerospace sectors.
- Experience with electronic control systems and common communications protocols such as CAN and Modbus.
- Knowledge of standard software development processes and industry best practice.
- Familiarity with automotive calibration tools such as ATI Vision, CANape or similar.
- Experience of software development using Simulink and Embedded coder.
- Experience of modern high-level programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills to enable effective liaison with colleagues, and the exchange of complex software concepts with inexperienced users.
- Willingness to adapt and tailor working practices to suit the demands of the business
- Be a fast learner of domain knowledge and terminology
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here