Purpose of the Job:
This role within the Systems Team of Ceres Power will focus on thermal system development. The SteelCell™ operates at 500-600°C and so presents an interesting engineering challenge to optimize the system design and many opportunities to maximize system performance.
- As part of project teams understand key drivers, requirements and specifications for Fuel Cell Systems.
- Development of system architectures to meet customer product requirements.
- Conduct simulations and analysis of components and thermal systems.
- Produce component designs and specification documentation.
- Overseeing verification and validation programs.
- Writing test plans, reports and presenting work to internal and external customers.
- Specifying test plans and analyzing test data.
- Writing reports and presenting work to internal and external customers.
- Working with partners as part of project teams.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Thermal systems background and experience.
- Good fundamental thermo-fluids knowledge and understanding.
- Experience of development testing, verification and validation.
- Interpretation of test results, with understanding of measurement techniques, data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience in industry or during PhD.
- Basic knowledge of fuel cells.
- Understanding of hydrocarbon fuel reforming and catalysts material selection.
- Steam generation for reforming.
- Combustion devices.
- Heat exchangers.
- Mass manufacturing methods and design for manufacture.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here