Purpose of the Job:
Assemble, build and fabricate fuel cell stacks and balance of plant components to agreed specification against planned delivery targets. Problem-solve mechanical, assembly and fabrication issues and support continuous improvements to ensure company Key Performance Metrics are met.
Location and Hours:
The role is based at our new facility in Merstham (Surrey) following initial training at our Horsham (West Sussex) headquarters.
Early and late shift - weekly rotating, two-shift pattern of 6.00am to 2.00pm and 1.45pm to 10.00pm (with 60 minutes’ break time during each shift).
- Ensure Works Orders are assembled, built and tested to agreed specification.
- Assemble and fabricate components for Prototype development builds.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering on continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain build and inspection documentation records.
- Assist in the creation of Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow and comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure the work area is clean and tidy following all activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Flexibility in relation to overtime and shift change requirements to suit business need.
- Hands on experience - mechanical assembly/fitting.
- Production-build background.
- Up to date experience of working with workshop equipment eg pillar drill, lathe, mill, grinding wheel.
- Up to date TIG welding experience – stainless steel.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Proven problem solving experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT competence.
Highly desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of working in controlled areas eg GMP, clean room.
- Aptitude for or experience in clean build environments with highest levels of 5S.
- Demonstrate ‘right first time’ mentality and quality culture.
- Welding of thin (<0.5mm) sheet stainless steel.
- Qualified TIG welder.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Quality Team: reporting quality issues.
- Manufacturing Engineering: reporting equipment/process failures; direction on process equipment requirements; training. Participation in and suggestions towards process improvement.
- Engineering: Liaising with engineering team on build specifications and feeding back on issues. Input on design for assembly reviews etc.
- Facilities Team (incl H&S): reporting site/facility issues; reporting near miss and incidents; direction on facility requirements; training.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here