Purpose of the Job:
To assist in the day to day running of the warehouse and material delivery function at Ceres Power’s new manufacturing site near Redhill, Surrey.
The business is on 2 local sites (Site 1 – Horsham, Site 2 - Merstham, Redhill) where components are manufactured at Horsham for daily JIT (Just In Time) delivery to Redhill. This role involves collecting components from each site daily and delivering to the other in a careful and timely manner via the company vehicle and replenishing Kanban’s of production material on site at Redhill and between sites.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles (with forklift truck or by hand) and drive between sites daily.
- Sorting and moving stock within warehouses including receiving, counting, checking and booking onto MRP system.
- Service Kanban delivery of materials to production areas via a regular “milk-round” replenishment.
- Understand and follow Work Instructions for correct storage of all raw materials.
- Packaging and despatching finished goods in export packaging according to Work Instructions.
- Follow 5S to keep work areas clean and tidy.
- Compliance with all health and safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum two years’ experience of warehouse or stores work.
- Full UK driving licence and ideally experience of regularly driving a Transit sized vehicle.
- Computer literate, experienced with MRP data entry.
- Ability to work to deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to cooperate with people and to work both within a team environment and alone.
- Reliable and conscientious.
- Awareness of health and safety issues (additional training will be given).
- Fork lift truck licence preferred (training will be given).
- Role is based at Redhill but flexibility required to work from either site (depending on workload).
The role is physically demanding and will involve outside working in all weather conditions.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here