Purpose of the Job
To provide test engineering capability and expertise to support Ceres Power’s development of a low cost, next generation fuel cell technology. Working closely with development engineering and fuel cell scientists to take test objectives and develop & execute test plans rigorously, and to tight timescales.
- Provide test data and test capability for internal development as well as commercial programmes.
- Interface and communicate directly with internal and external customers and suppliers. Data analysis and report writing. Presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Technical issues resolution using formal problem-solving methodologies. Design test stand modifications and implement preventative actions.
- Carry out risk assessments and create safety design.
- Identify opportunities for improving efficiency and quality of test stand h/w and s/w to increase test resource utilisation and/or data quality.
- Design tests, define instrumentation and develop test method against test objectives/requirements.
- Codify test requirements into test scripts.
- Setup test stand software, support development of the same.
- Make use of FMEA and other tools to improve reliability design.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- First degree to BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Electrical/Electronic engineering or similar.
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of:
- electronics, electrical diagrams etc;
- metrology and sensor technology such as thermocouples, flow controllers, pressure transducers etc.
- Experience of software (LabView, VisualBasic etc).
- Good understanding of engineering fundamentals particularly within heat Transfer/Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of analytical and statistical software tools (MATLAB etc).
- Quick learner, passionate, “can-do” attitude.
- Methodical, attention to detail.
- A good team worker, open-minded, collaborative etc.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make Application Here