Purpose of the Job
Day to day coordination of Company stores ensuring all materials are controlled and traced in accordance with company procedures.
Responsible for all existing stores procedures and systems, processes, and Work Instructions and their correct use. Initiate ongoing reviews, improvements and updates of these procedures to reflect best practice.
Continuous review of systems and procedures to reflect the needs and changes within the business, bringing agreed changes into use and within the QMS.
Ensure the effective and efficient storage, arrival and dispatch of all products worldwide.
Plan and schedule all storage including Goods-Inwards, picking, packing and dispatch ensuring products are delivered to both internal and external customers on time and in full.
Report routinely to agreed KPIs:
- Take ownership of the stores facilities KPIs to monitor team performance and productivity.
- Collate and issue information and documentation relating to the jobs processed under your control.
- Cycle counts, movement of stock and stock rotation.
- Part number location accuracy.
- Pick and issue supplies and kits.
- Out of stock.
- Liaise, organise and support shipments to and from the manufacturing sites.
- Investigate any quality issues within the warehouse, and support the management team in continuous improvement.
- Ensure customers, both internal and external, receive timely and accurate information and support.
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the shop floor.
- Work closely with all managers and internal customers.
- Process all returns to suppliers or customers.
- Ensure systems are in place to enable deliveries to be tracked and delivered in a timely manner.
- Continuous improvement of services provided to each customer and share development ideas with the Management team.
- Uphold the correct use and maintenance of equipment used in the stores.
- Effective use of Priority ERP system within the stores environment.
- Manage staff as required with weekly work plan updates, KPI feedback, and within the QMS, maintain good order, motivation and discipline of the stores.
- Ensure sufficient stores staff resource to run the stores in an effective and professional manner.
- Establish and uphold a professional and confidential rapport when carrying out daily duties, and confer with shop floor personnel, customers or other persons within the organisation.
- Keep the skills matrix up to date in line with QMS.
- Uphold the Company rules and rulings communicated via management.
- Challenge traditional practices and bring change to the department to deliver the required department services.
- Ensure all stores employee related issues are dealt with in a fair manner through the consistent application of Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence with all health and safety and environmental policies and promote a positive safety culture.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good level of IT skills; confident in MS Excel reporting, including basic excel formula, knowledge of pivot tables, graphs etc.
- Full clean driving licence (movement of stock in company van between Horsham and Redhill will be required)
- Own vehicle (commute to Horsham or Redhill will be required)
- Some team management experience (role includes organising, supporting and development of a small team of Store Technicians)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Make application here