Warning to Ceres Power Holdings plc shareholders
We have become aware of a small number of shareholders who are receiving unsolicited phone calls concerning their shareholding in Ceres. These are generally from overseas organisations who do not represent Ceres Power and are offering to buy or transact Ceres shares for considerably more than the current market price or sell other investment products which could be worthless or very high risk investments.
These types of operations are commonly known as ‘boiler rooms’. The callers from these organisations can be very persistent and extremely persuasive. If you are approached by such an organisation, please act with extreme caution.
If you have received any unsolicited investment advice you should take the following steps:
- Get the name of the person and organisation contacting you
- Check the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) register to ensure they are authorised FCA Financial Services Register
- Use the details on the register to contact the firm
- Search the FCA list of unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid doing business with them
- If you suspect the approach is fraudulent, report the matter to the FCA
- Inform the Ceres Power registrar, Computershare, on +44 (0)370 889 4005
Useful information regarding financial scams and how to protect yourself can be found on the FCA website.
If you have already paid money to potential share fraudsters you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040, or visit their website at www.actionfraud.org.uk.